Hydraulic Propulsion Drive System
The system comprises of a remote mounted reservoir tank which gravity feeds a pump fitted on the rear of the main engine. This pump pushes oil through a directional control valve which directs the oil via flexible hoses to a hydraulic motor unit that drives the propeller.
The design has proven to give many years of smooth, quiet operation with minimal running costs.
- Complete versatility of layout; engine and pumps can be mounted where it is most convenient.
- The system noise level has its own in-built safety valve which limits the maximum torque that can be transmitted providing overload
- Overall system noise level is low due to the positioning of the engine and pump in the most convenient place and away from the boat living quarters.
- Vibration level cuts to an absolute minimum by being able to mount the motor in complete isolation of the engine. No thrust is transferred and there is no torsional activity between the two.
- No alignment problems with propeller shaft and engine.
- Ideal for applications such as fishing or canal and charter boats which have continuous gear changes.
- Simple and fool proof control of forward, neutral and reverse which is an advantage for charter fleet operators.
- The system can be expanded to include Bow Thruster and SKVA
Generator (depending on the engine model).
- Horse power range of 10 to 85.
- Maximum rpm of 2800rpm.
- Maximum thrust of 10,500kgf.
- Reservoir capacity – approximately 25 litres depending on pipe.
Motor (with coupling)
Motor (with POD unit)
- Oil reservoir
- Oil cooler
- Oil filter
- Directional control valve
- Drive motor
- Thrust unit
- Sea water pump
- Oil reservoir
- Gear/throttle control
Hydragen 10kVA Hydraulically Driven Generator
This generator is an option which can be incorporated into the ARP Hydraulic Propulsion System only and is not offered as a standalone unit.
- 230v – 50Hz 10kVA Generator (brushless type).
- Generator only turns when switched on rather than all the time the engine is running.
- No fixed engine speed required – 230v available at low RPM.
- Can be operated while manoeuvring and operating the bow thrusters option.
- Unit can be mounted in a remote and convenient position.
- Low maintenance as there is no additional engine.
- Compact and lightweight – 90kg.
- Dimensions (mm) – L-170 x W-140 x H-430.
- Comes complete with operating panel (start/stop) and overload protection.
- System should be commissioned by approved installers.